Here we go.

22 March 2008

R.I.P. W.L.R.

The Pinnacle Mountain Park in my mind & the one that actually exists are two different things.  The one we drove up to today made me cry. There were so many people there, they used a field across the park for parking!  
Developers have ruined West Little Rock and the area around the state park.  It truly disgusts me & my feelings worsen when I realize that there is nothing I can do about it.  
Plans are in the works to ruin our drinking water supply, too.  A lot of people seem to be o.k. with that.  I just can't wrap my head around that line of thinking!  To me, you can't justify a threat to any water supply.  It's a crime against the environment & poor people, there isn't enough money in the world to hide that fact.  A big FUCK YOU to developers.  Driving around the park made me deeply sad.
Instead of having a picnic @ Pinnacle Mountain Park, we drove a bit and set up @ Lake Maumelle Park.  We had a table right by the river, but it was so windy & a bit cold. After having a pretty wicked whine & pout, I tried my best to make the best of the situation.  I think I was still shell-shocked from a ruined park and ruined vision of what I believed today would look & be like.

ATM, KMHD, my chair & ZSR:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


ATM & KMHD did a very good job making me feel better.  We threw the ol' pigfoam (It is a Nerf) around & did our awesome dances to our awesome mixes that we made specifically for this day trip.  I did get hit in the face with the football, but shortly after the disorientation wore off I was like, "ENOUGH! There will be no more shitty day, I will enjoy myself, damnit!"  The food was good and the company was great, I can't ask for more. In attendance:  AMD, ATM, KMHD, ZSR, T.J.D, ST, & TUCKA.

Sprung Mix
1.  The Skatalites:  Fidel Castro
2.  ll cool j:  Going Back to Cali
3.  Althea & Donna:  
4.  M.I.A.: Boys
5.  James Brown:  Make It Funky (Part 1)
6.  Ananda Shankar:  The River
7.  Black Uruhu:  City Vibes
8.  Chic:  I Want Your Love
9.  Affection:  Bats Whales
10.  Escort: Starlight
11.  Free Blood
12.  Baby Huey:  Hard Times
13.  Herbie Hancock:  Rockit
14.  James Barth:  Hold Still
15.  Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock:  It Takes Two
16.  Jesse Rose:  All Over My Head
17.  Wrexx n Effexx:  Rump Shaker

Next time we can go to the less popular Toltec Mounds to picnic.  We can have the whole place to ourselves and I can recharge my crystals and feel free amongst the spirits that wander there.  (Ha, a little "in" joke.)

Tomorrow, I'll be making Thai Noodle soup.  There was mention of possibly staining the new shelf that I put up on the wall.  I like a good project.
Ahh, I'm so windburned & tired!  

No comments:

Blog Archive